The Lara Food and Wine Festival operates on a not for profit basis and is auspiced by the Lara Community Centre and the Lara Chamber of Commerce. The event organisers, a group of seven Lara residents freely volunteer their time.
The organisors gratefully acknowledge the assistance of community groups, sponsors and festival friends. Without the strong assistance and support of the community the festival would not be the huge success it is.
The festival aims to showcase the diverse range of quality food and wine produced in the Lara region. The event also aims to:
• Promote and support local producers
• Educate the public about local produce
• Promote the Lara region and its tourism industry
• Contribute to the quality of life and civic pride within the local Lara community
• Support and promote the arts and culture in the community